Easy, Flexible, Powerful License Management with CodeMeter
License management from Wibu-Systems couldn’t be easier. You can quickly and simply create demo versions or trial periods to boost sales. Your marketing department will love the licensing flexibility you get with CodeMeter, since you have practically an endless variety of ways to price or sell your software. And because our license management is part of CodeMeter, you can make it as secure as you need for different markets.
A license entry consists of your Firm Code, the freely chosen Product Code and additional Product Item Options. These options are available for all CodeMeter Sticks without restrictions and can be combined anyway you choose.
- Easily create single use or volume licenses by coding just the number of licenses.
- Supports pay-per-use, and you can define how to measure usage: by initiation, internal counters (pages printed, for example), however you want. With over 1000 user-defined counters, the choices are only limited by your imagination.
- Supports expiration date: a real-time clock (no batteries required) allows you to define both activation and expiration dates. Resetting the computer’s system clock has no effect on the license. And since the clock is software-based, there are no batteries to fail.
- Usage period: you can set the software license to expire (and the application to stop working) either on a fixed date (i.e., 12/31/2010) or X days after installation. That lets the customer control the actual working period of the application without exceeding the license term. It also means (using CodeMeter) you can create “backup” licenses for mission-critical applications that your customer can’t live without.
- License by feature: a 32-bit value gives you virtually unlimited license options to control access to versions, modules, capabilities, etc. Use this same feature for version management. Every new major version is coded by one bit. If your customer is authorized to use multiple versions, just set the corresponding bits. In combination with network license management you can implement downgrade privileges over a network. So your customer can use the current or (enabled) previous versions up to the specified license limit. But never more than the programmed license total.
- Controlled over the network: you can manage your licenses completely over the network, using our browser interface (see "Browser-based License Management" below).
Browser-based License Management
CodeMeter license management is easily handled from anywhere. A browser based utility allows you (or your customer) to quickly and easily see the active licenses as either numerical or assigned text entries. Text entries help clarify the meaning or explain the type of license entry.
In addition to the parameters mentioned above the following table lists all of the available data types and the associated access rights:
|Product Item Option||Read||Write||Encryption|
|Unit Counter||Decrement, set with FSB|
|License Quantity||With FSB||No|
|Activation Time||With FSB|
|Expiration Time||With FSB|
|Usage Period||Once at first use|
|Feature Map||With FSB|
|Customer Serial Number||With FSB||No|
|Protected Data||With FSB||No|
|Hidden Data||With password||With FSB||Used as key|
|Secret Data||No||With FSB||Used as key|